- Gather the right GPS data
Clean-up the GPS data
- Garmin GPs units are the standard, and must be able to interface with a computer
- We need two things: Waypoints of all checks, major crossings, downhills, etc.
- A GPS "track" of the course itself
Create Maps from the GPS data
- Transfer the data to your computer
- Use Mapsource software, and save in MPS format (second choice is GDB)
Please Email this data to us well in advance of the race.
- These programs offer the best map quality, although Mapsource maps will do the job: National Geographic's "Topo!", DeLorme's "3-D Topo Quads"
Or Contact Rescue-3 for free help: Email or (909)289-8730